Technical documentation and lots and lots of lorems

I made a template for technical documentation. I hope this is possible, because there was no time to invent something. Waiting for feedback :blush: :v:

Yeah, ipsum lorem is fine for this.

Looking at the code:

This:

<code>
        #include &#8249;iostream&#8250; <br>
        int main()<br>
        {<br>
        <span class="pd_span">&#8249;&#8249; "Hello, user!";</span> <br>
        <span class="pd_span">return 0;</span><br>
        }<br>
      </code>

is too much work. You can use <pre> tags to tell it not to format the text, so you can do something like:

<pre>
      <code>
        #include &lt;iostream&gt;;
        int main()
        {
          cout &lt;&lt; "Hello, user!";
          return 0;
        }
      </code>
      </pre>

With a quick look over, I’m not seeing anything else. I like that your code is well organized and formatted.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, I tried using ‘pre’, but the result didn’t suit me :man_shrugging:

I’m not really sure why not. This is what yours looks like on my screen:
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.22.05 PM

and this is what mine looks like:
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.25.16 PM

That’s with removing the full indent and making it look like yours. What I have is easier to read (at first I couldn’t even tell that those were angle brackets - that’s not what they normally look like), is easier to read in the code, and easier to write.

But if you want to do things the hard way, instead of the easy way that everyone else does, then be my guest. But beware - if someone were trying to get hired in my company, and I saw that code, I’d first think that they don’t understand HTML. The other possibility is that they are stubborn and therefore would be hard to work with.

But it’s up to you.

1 Like

I take my words back, it’s much easier this way! I rarely used ‘pre’ before, because I didn’t really understand how to use it correctly. As for the brackets, I used the wrong html code, so they broke.
Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Yes I agree. I watched someone show the assignment of one of our required projects. people were say oh great helped a bunch. the reason i replied was due to him just copying and pasting the code from instructer and changing just a few colors and size of image. I also said as you have, I would recommend being creative and original due to possible copyright laws and being able to be hired. his reply was well if you want to be creative go somewhere else this is explaing how to make project. copying and pasting i see all the time. good luck, dont copy and paste in my opionion

@just_p, your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (be wary of duplications)
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.