Technical Documentation Andrej

Here is the code to my technical documentation page. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrej

Nice work! But the test seems failing… and the test says " The first element within each .main-section should be a element which contains text that describes the topic of that section." which are your h1s within each .main-section. Hope this helps hehe :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh ya I switched the header to h1 because when I ran the code through a html validator it said I needed an h1-h6 tag under the section element. Any idea on how and why this is?

Thanks,

Andrej

When I switch all the h1 to header it passes the test but fails html validation.

https://validator.w3.org/nu/#textarea

Hmm. I’m not sure why that happened but instead of replacing h1 to header, I tried to nest all the h1 inside the header tag and it passes both the test & html validation. Hope this helped hehe :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi, andrejjj222

Nice work, but i find it difficult to read the menu (JS Documentation)
in the left side .
it seems red color with gray background not suitable together.
color contrast

Good luck in the next challenges.

1 Like

Ya for some reason when I did this it didnt pass the test because the heading of the section needed to be within the header tag and not the h1 tag therefore I didnt have anything to put in the h1 tag

That’s not failing W3C validation. A warning is not failing. That message just means for semantic reasons it would look better if you used an h2-h6 tag. Note that it said h2-h6, not h1.
If you’d like to not see the warning in W3C validation and still pass FCC’s test instead of this;
<header>Introduction</header>
you can do this;
<header><h2>Introduction</h2></header>

That’s nesting the h2 element within the header element.

2 Likes