Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Topic: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Please help :frowning_face: I keep on getting this error message:

Each .nav-link should have an href attribute that links to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. If you click on a .nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element with that id).
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">

<nav id="navbar">
<header>JS Documentation</header>
<a class="nav-link" href="Introduction">Introduction</a>
<a class="nav-link" href="Coding">Coding</a>
<a class="nav-link" href="JavaScript">JavaScript</a>
<a class="nav-link" href="Hello">Hello</a>
<a class="nav-link" href="Variables">Variables</a>
</nav>

<main id="main-doc">
<section class="main-section" id="Introduction">
  <header>Introduction</header>
  <p></p>
  <p></p>
  <code></code>
   <code></code>
   <li>General Understanding</li>
   <li>Good work</li>
   <li>Perseverance</li>
</section>
<section class="main-section" id="Coding">
   <header>Coding</header>
   <p></p>
   <p></p>
    <code></code>
    <li>html</li>
    <li>css</li>
</section>
<section class="main-section" id="JavaScript">
   <header>JavaScript</header>
   <p></p>
   <p></p>
    <code></code>
</section>
<section class="main-section" id="Hello">
   <header>Hello</header>
   <p></p>
   <p></p>
    <code></code>
</section>
<section class="main-section" id="Variables">
   <header>Variables</header>
   <p></p>
   <p></p>
    <code></code>
</section>
</main>
/* file: styles.css */
navbar
{
text-align: left;
}

@media (max-width: 600px) {
body {
background-color: lightblue;
}
}
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.71

Challenge: Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Hey! The challenge expects you to use internal links in your document. They help you to “jump” to a particular section on the current webpage instead of taking you to another website. Reading through this article might help!

4 Likes

Thank you, let me try that.

I have the same question but I have a problem that I don’t understand. The href that I create appears underlined. Each time I delete it and rewrite it the underline reappears. How can I get rid of it?

Hi!
Please make your own forum post to ask this question. It is easier to help if you do this, thank you.

use text-decoration: none;

Thank you. I am aware of using text decoration: none. This is usable when the underline appears in the preview. The underline is in the html code that I write. It appears without interference on my side.

1 Like

Hello their and welcome to the community. Did you get your answer? I am late in seeing this but thought since I can’t solve my trouble I could help you!

Thank you for calling. Unfortunately, the problem is there unsolved. Someone was trying to help and told me that she set the code on code pen and found no problem. As a matter of fact, when I post the code to the forum the underlines don’t appear. For this reason, I guess it is a problem in the site itself. Please tell me what you think I should do.

I had the same issue with my project, but I realized where I was causing errors. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.