Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Tell us what’s happening:

PLEASE DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST - I inserted apostrophes instead of backticks!

“You should have at least five code elements that are descendants of .main-section elements.”

This is the only piece I am not getting. I’ve watched videos, I’ve read other posts in this forum as well as others; I’ve even pulled up the coding for the technical document you all created - and I still do not know what I am missing here.

FYI, the subject is boring as my background is in K-12 education and not a lot of technical documentation necessary. So, I apologize for that. Thank you!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<title>T-TESS</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
    </head>
    <body>
<nav id="navbar">
      <header id="header"><h1>Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System</h1></header>
        <ul>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link" href="#Overview" accesskey="b">Overview</a></li>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link"  href="#Observation" accesskey="b">Observation</a></li>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link"  href="#Documentation" accesskey="b">Documentation</a></li>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link" href="#Summative" accesskey="b">Summative</a></li>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link" href="#Teacher_Rights_and_Responsibilities" accesskey="b">Teacher Rights and Responsibilities</a></li>
          <li class="navigation"><a class="nav-link" href="#Experience" accesskey="b">Experience</a></li>
      </nav>   

<main id="main-doc">

<code><h2>Hello, Teachers!<br> Welcome to your appraisal process.</h2></code>

<section class="main-section" id="Overview">
        <header><h3>Overview</h3></header>
        <article id="article">
<p>The Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) is the statewide teacher evaluation instrument. School districts are required to adopt either the state appraisal instrument or one of its own choosing so long as it meets the requirements of the state.</p></article>
        <ul>
         <header><h4><u>Goal-Setting</u></h4></header>
          <li class="components">Domain IV - Professional Practices and Responsibilities</li>
          <li class="components">Dimension - Goal Setting</li>
          <li class="components">Teacher Driven, Administrator Approved</li>
          <li class="components">Counts 20% of Appraisal Rating</li>
</ul>
          <ul>
          <header><h4><u>Appraisal</u></h4></header>
          <li class="components">Pre-Conference</li>
          <li class="components">Observation</li>
          <li class="components">Post-Conference</li>
          <li class="components">Counts 70% of Appraisal Rating</li>
          </ul>
<ul>
<header><h4><u>Student Growth</u></h4></header>
          <li class="components">Counts 10% of Appraisal Rating</li>
          <li class="components">Student Performance, as determined by the school district</li>
          <li class="components">May be based on the state assessment instrument</li>
        </ul>

<article id="article">
<p>School districts are required to do an annual appraisal for all teachers; however, districts can issue waivers for teachers who meet at least the Proficient standard across all domains. Through the District of Innovation (DOI) process, a district may opt for student growth measures that do not include the STAAR or statewide appraisal system.</p></article>
<article id="article"><p>The appraisal process is designed to be an interactive and collaborative process between the teacher and the appraiser.</p></article>
</section>

<section class="main-section" id="Observation">
<header><h3>Observation</h3></header>
<article id="article">
<p>T-TESS requires <i>“at least”</i> one 45-minute FORMAL observation; however, more than one observation may occur. Observations may also include informal observations or walk-throughs. If you are unsure as to what the difference between these three types of observations, please consult with your appraiser.</p></article>
<article id="class"><p>T-TESS requires a pre-observation conference before any formal observation. Although nothing in rule or statute indicates how long before the observation the pre-conference occurs, a general rule is that it should take place in close proximity to the observation date; so the appraiser has a schema to align planning reviewed with instruction observed in the classroom.</p></article>
<article id="article"><p>A post-observation conference has to occur within ten working days of the observation.</p></article>
<article id="article"><p> Always use the conferences to ask clarifying questions about the observation specifically and the appraisal process in general. The more you know, the better prepared you will be for it. The worst thing you can do is let your appraisal happen to you.</p></article>
</section>

<section class="main-section" id="Documentation">
<header><h3>Documentation</h3></header>
<article id="article">
        <p>T-TESS recognizes three types of documentation as a part of the appraisal process:</p></article>
        <ul>
        <li> <b>First Person</b> – documentation provided by the teacher, usually in the form of a portfolio;</li>
        <li> <b>Second Person</b> – documentation collected by the appraiser and shared with the teacher;</li>
        <li> <b>Third Person</b> – documentation provided to the appraiser by a third-party that has been verified by the appraiser.</li>
        </ul>
        <article id="article">
        <p>Any documentation used to inform the teacher’s appraisal must be shared with the teacher within ten-working days. The teacher, likewise, has ten working days in which to respond to any documentation he or she may disagree with.</p><article>
</section>

<section class="main-section" id="Summative">
<header><h3>Summative</h3></header>
<article id="article">
        <p>The summative conference and report represents the culmination of the appraisal process. The teacher and the appraiser meet to review and discuss the appraisal documentation, answer each other’s questions, and develop actionable plans for the next school year. The teacher receives a summative report <i><b>within ten-working days.</b></i></p></article>
</section>

<section class="main-section" id="Teacher_Rights_and_Responsibilities">
<header>
        <h3>Teacher Rights and Responsibilities</h3>
</header>
<article id="article">
        <p>Teachers may respond to any part of their appraisal that they do not agree with. These responses must be timely in their submission and in the content addressed. Failure to address appraisal issues at the appropriate time may result in a forfeiture of the right to respond to negative information in the appraisal. Teachers also have the right to request a second appraisal and file a grievance when they disagree with any part of their appraisal instrument. All of these responses are time-sensitive, so please review school district policies DNA and DGBA.</p></article>

<article>
<p>To fully understand your rights and responsibilities in responding to the appraisal instrument, please visit <a href=”https://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/ch150aa.pdf”>19 TAC Chapter 150: Subchapter AA Teacher Appraisal.</a></p></article>
</section>

<section class="main-section" id="Experience">
        <header><h3>Experience</h3></header>
<article id="article">
<p>To help us better meet your needs with information you want, please take a few minutes to provide the following demographic information.</p></article>

<form id="survey-form">
<h3>Years of Experience as a Teacher</h3>
        <select id="dropdown">
          <option value="">Select One</option>
          <option value="1">Beginning Teacher</option>
          <option value="2">1-5 Years</option>
          <option value="3">6-10 Years</option>
          <option value="4">11-20 Years</option>
          <option value=”5”>More than 20 Years</option>
         </select>
           </label>
           </fieldset>
<br>
<fieldset>
        <h3>Campus Type</h3>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="preschool"> Pre-School</label>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="elementary"> Elementary</label>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="middle"> Middle</label><br>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="high"> Junior High</label>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="secondary"> Secondary</label>
        <label><input type="radio" name="campus-type" class="inline" value="mixed"> Mixed</label>
    </fieldset>

</fieldset>
  <input type="submit" input id="submit" input value="Submit"</input>
</form>

</main>
    </body>
    <footer id="footer">For more information, click <a href="https://www.teachfortexas.org/">here</a></footer>
    </html>

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

So it looks like you do have a code element, but as shown in the quote, it is outside of the .main-section element. The “descendants of” part of the instructions just means they need to be somewhere inside of that element. Also, there’s only the 1 code element, but the tests require you to use at least 5.

1 Like

this is also a problem for me, I want to insert a line of html between < code >< /code >, however in the preview it still shows completely blank as long as I include html < tagbrackets >. if I remove the leading < off of every html tag between the "< code >"tags, only then it shows up but will not format nicely( obviously since it’s missing a bunch of <'s).
Obviously something is happening when it recognizes <'s and it just removes it or something like that because html is not allowed between code tags???

hmm… when submitting this I realized that my comment had done something similar to what I was describing to my <'s so I edited it with spaces following all <'s except where “<'s” and the post showed up. I will go and try the same “technique”.