Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

My code is too long so I cannot show the entirety of my code. However I will try to be as specific as possible.

I’ve checked off every single objective except one. I am stuck and I keep failing . The objective says " Each .nav-link should have an href attribute that links to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. If you click on a .nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element with that id)"

Your code so far

<nav id="navbar">
      <header>Learning HTML & CSS</header>
      <ul id="computer_list"> HTML / CSS Properies include but aren't limited to:
        <li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="introduction">Introduction</a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="generic_building_in_html">Generic Building in HTML</a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="types_of_pages">Types of Pages</a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="elements_within_a_page">Elements Within a Page</a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="style_points">Style Points</a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a class="nav-link" href="selecting_specific_properties">Selecting Specific Properties</a>
  </li>
      </ul>
</nav>

<main id="main-doc">
  <section class="main-section" id="introduction">
   <header>Introduction</header>

<section class="main-section" id="generic_building_in_html">
    <header>Generic Building in HTML</header>

<section class="main-section" id="types_of_pages">
    <header>Types of Pages</header>

<section class="main-section" id="elements_within_a_page">
    <header>Elements Within a Page</header>

<section class="main-section" id="style_points">
    <header>Style Points</header>

<section class="main-section" id="selecting_specific_properties">
    <header>Selecting Specific Properties</header>

The top section is my nav bar with 6 sections. I’ve created the anchor element around the titles of my sections within an unordered list. The other snippets of code are the beginning lines of each of my sections. The only thing that follows each of these sections is a mix of lists, p elements, and code elements.

I currently do not understand why I am failing as I’ve linked all the nav-link to their respective sections. These are the only nav-link elements and my only main-section elements. have I done something wrong or accidently misplaced something. Its driving me crazy and I know it has to be something silly…

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

Hey there, in the href attribute of each a element, you have to put a # to represent an id like so:

<a class="nav-link" href="#introduction">Introduction</a>

bless you… I feel so dumb. I have over 4 hours combing over my code looking for invisible errors lol

1 Like

There’s a great saying, “I couldn’t see the forest through the trees.” Sometimes you just need someone who can help you see the whole forest instead of the couple of trees you were stuck on. Happy Coding! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.