Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Hi guys! I’m having some trouble with the Technical Documentation Page. I have a nested unordered list and I can’t get the bullets to align with the rest of the list.

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

<ul>
        <li>Six data types that are primitives:<ul>
          <li id="center">Boolean. true and false.</li>
          <li id="center">null. A special keyword denoting a null value. Because JavaScript is case-sensitive, null is not the same as Null, NULL, or any other variant.</li>
          <li id="center">undefined. A top-level property whose value is undefined.</li>
          <li id="center">Number. 42 or 3.14159.</li>
          <li id="center">String. "Howdy"</li>
          <li id="center">Symbol (new in ECMAScript 2015). A data type whose instances are unique and immutable.</li></ul>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/118.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Technical Documentation Page - Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

I don’t think you gave us all of the HTML for that list. Also, since this is about alignment, we’ll need to see your CSS since that’s how you align things :slightly_smiling_face:

Really, it is best if you paste all of your HTML and all of your CSS in here so we can look at it in the project ourselves.

Sorry about that. I thought I copied it all.

<ul>
        <li>Six data types that are primitives:<ul>
          <li>Boolean. true and false.</li>
          <li>null. A special keyword denoting a null value. Because JavaScript is case-sensitive, null is not the same as Null, NULL, or any other variant.</li>
          <li>undefined. A top-level property whose value is undefined.</li>
          <li>Number. 42 or 3.14159.</li>
          <li>String. "Howdy"</li>
          <li>Symbol (new in ECMAScript 2015). A data type whose instances are unique and immutable.</li></ul>

all I had for the CSS was text-align: center. I hadn’t really started styling it yet. Was trying to set it up first, but the misalignment was attacking my OCD lol.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

The reason I said you hadn’t copied it all is because you have two opening <ul> tags but only one closing </ul> tag, so it can’t be the complete code. Same thing with the list items, you have seven opening <li> tags but only six closing </li> tags. So I’m just trying to verify that you have this coded correctly in the first place.

You’re right, I think I got it all this time lol.

<ul>
        <li id="center">Six data types that are primitives:<ul>
          <li>Boolean. true and false.</li>
          <li>null. A special keyword denoting a null value. Because JavaScript is case-sensitive, null is not the same as Null, NULL, or any other variant.</li>
          <li>undefined. A top-level property whose value is undefined.</li>
          <li>Number. 42 or 3.14159.</li>
          <li>String. "Howdy"</li>
          <li id="center">Symbol (new in ECMAScript 2015). A data type whose instances are unique and immutable.</li>
          </ul>
          <li>and Object</li></ul>

That would be fine, but don’t I have to align the text to the center to leave room for the navigation bar on the side?

I’m still counting one more opening <li> than closing </li>. The first thing you did is <li>...<ul>.... So you need to have a corresponding </ul></li>.

You’re right, I am missing one. Thank you for your help.

Thank you so much, I’m still struggling with some things and this forum is amazing.!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.