Technical Documentation Page: challenge

In the Technical Documentation Page, I copied some text (but not the HTML) from the Django documentation page is that allowed or am I required to make something up from scratch?

It’s allowed, I copied the FCC documentation page because I think we must do exactly like in the original… but you can send your project to see if it’s good or very good :blush:

@eddyaknow, Your are encouraged to make something from scratch. In programming circles, you’ll hear a lot of conversations regarding (technical) documentation in reference to explaining an API, a library, project contribution, etc. Reading and writing good documentation is an important skill and doing this project about a code related subject gives you a good reason to go do some research about the tools you are learning to use.
Since you’re researching it’s expected that you’ll use information from their documentation. You can create a reference section at the end of your doc that cites the documentation that you referenced.

Edit: I do not recommend copying the sample project. The samples show just one way the project can be completed. The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.

1 Like

@Roma Thanks to both of you :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.