Technical documentation page errors

I am not sure why I am receiving failure errors for stories 10,12, and 13.

User Story #10: Additionally, the navbar should contain link ( a ) elements with the class of nav-link . There should be one for every element with the class main-section .

User Story #12: Each element with the class of nav-link should contain text that corresponds to the header text within each section (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

User Story #13: When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the main-doc element (e.g. If I click on a nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element that has that id and contains the corresponding header .

Technical documentation (codepen.io)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello!

Double check your classes within your <nav> element. Remember that they should appear as class=“textgoeshere”

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mjams89, you have some typo’s. Some suggestions

As a suggestion switch the Syntax Highlighting on Codepen to help catch errors. Go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the setting. Go back to the pen and make sure your new setting is working. The code highlighting will be using different colors. Errors will now be marked in red.

Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. This will help identify syntax errors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.