Technical Documentation Page -feedback-

Looking for some help with my nav-link’s. Not all of them are working and I’m not sure why, along with these other tests I’m not getting.

3. The first element within each .main-section should be a element which contains text that describes the topic of that section.

4. Each element with the class of “main-section” should also have an id comprised of the innerText contained within it, with underscores in place of spaces. The id may include special characters if there are special characters in the respective innerText. (e.g. The that contains the header, “JavaScript & Java”, should have a corresponding id=“JavaScript_&_Java”).

12. Each element with the class of “nav-link” should contain text that corresponds to the text within each (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

13. When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the “main-doc” element (e.g. If I click on a “nav-link” element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a element that has that id and contains the corresponding .

Hey there,

great work so far!

So I debugged your site and had a look at the test code.

Test 3 says:

The FIRST element within each .main-section should be a element which contains text that describes the topic of that section.

You have one section that doesn’t do this.

Because you already have some JavaScript knowledge,
I think you are able to debug the tests yourself.

Here you can find the actual tests

You probably will need some time to understand this, but I think it will be a great learning experience (and it will increase your frustration tolerance).

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate it. I figured out the tests. The only thing is my JavaScript nav-link is the only one not working with the navbar. What am I not seeing?

Great work!

When you have a look at the test,

you can see, that the main-sections get filtered for the href values. Your JavaScript navlink href is not exactly the same as your section id, there is a small typo.