Technical Documentation Page. Finally progressing!

Hello everyone,

So when I stopped learning to code over a year ago, I left off on the Product Landing Page feeling quite defeated. Today I completed the Technical Documentation Page and feeling empowered to keep pushing forward on to the last RWD project. Here’s the finished product: https://codepen.io/fdozza/full/ExNyRPB.

All feedback greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi @fdozza !

Welcome back!

Learning to code is tough but I am glad that you decided to give it another try :grinning:

I like the design but it is not responsive for smaller devices like phones.
If you make your browser window smaller then you will notice that the content doesn’t fit on the page and creates a horizontal scrollbar.

Keep on building and learning!

1 Like

Your page looks good @fdozza. The test suite passes and the page is responsive.

Something to think about and possibly revisit. This is a suggestion.
Right now when viewed on a small screen the navbar remains on the right and the body of the doc becomes narrow.
It could be a little wider to take up some additional width in the container.
One other thing to think about is on smaller screens have the navbar at the top and then the body of the doc has more room to display and will be easier to read. Gives a better UX.

If you’re concerned about the user story failing when the screen is narrow it’s not an issue. Read the user story carefully. It states;
On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id="navbar" should be shown on the left side of the screen and should always be visible to the user.” A narrow screen, simulating a handheld device is not a regular sized device.

2 Likes

@Roma Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it as I did notice the same thing, but was under the impression that the navbar should remain constant even when viewed in smaller screens.

Thank you again!

2 Likes