Technical Documentation Page - Pur

I’ve finished the next project - Technical Documentation Page for pur Python library:

Would appreciate any feedback :pray:

1 Like

I’ve just finished this too, I like how you use the multiline class to style the code, I had some difficultly with this. It doesn’t scale with screen sizes though, for instance the code section under “You can also use Pur directly from Python:”…
Also perhaps the navbar could do with some styling?

2 Likes

Your project looks really good. I agree with @LukeAyres about your multiline class to style your code. I’m going to have to experiment with that one.

2 Likes

@LukeAyres Thanks :pray:

It doesn’t scale with screen sizes though, for instance the code

Uh, I struggled to come up with a good way to handle it (wrapping the source code doesn’t make much sense). But I just realized it can be solved with overflow-x: auto; property to simply show a scrollbar if there is not enough horizontal space. I updated my solution.

Also perhaps the navbar could do with some styling?

Yeah, I kind of gravitate to the minimalist solutions :grin: I will think about adding some style. It is indeed too barebones.

@Jspiderhand Thank you :bowing_man: As an extra idea you can actually add line numbers to the multi-line code blocks, but I was too lazy implementing it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Looks good @lancelote. Something minor, your first tr is not closed. Showing the beginning of the table here so you can see what I mean;

<table>
        <tr>
          <td class="flag-cell"><code>-r, --requirement PATH</code></td>
          <td>The <code>requirements.txt</code> file to update; Defaults to using <code>requirements.txt</code> from the current directory if it exist.</td>
        <tr>
        <tr>
          <td><code>-o, --output PATH</code></td>
          <td>Output updated packages to this file; Defaults to overwriting the input <code>requirements.txt</code> file.</td>
        </tr> 
1 Like

Nice catch, thank you :ok_hand: