Technical documentation view for help

https://codepen.io/Idayatademefun/pen/wvoVZoe -Guys pls did i do well and any idea how to make my pen public

Hey.

The first thing that stands out is the spacing.
Put some space between the nav and the main body text.

Another thing is the .navbar-elm hover state. It looks a little bit out of place to me. You don’t need a hover state for the whole nav. A hover state for each individual nav link only would look a little better, in my opinion.

Also, there are several <section>s that have the same id="main-section". You probably want to use a class here. Or remove all those sections altogether, they do nothing there anyway(i’m talking about the sections inside the nav). Remember, the id is unique. You won’t get an error if you use the same id multiple times, but you might get all kinds of other weird behavior when you get to styling and JS.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Your page looks good @idayatademefun2003. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs

thank u for the feedback,cheers

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.