Technical Documentation Webpage Test 13

Here is the code to my technical Documentation Webpage that is not passing Test 13. I don’t understand why its not passing. I am open to suggestions and feedback. I need some help figuring out why it won’t pass Test 13–" When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the main-doc element (e.g. If I click on a nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element that has that id and contains the corresponding header ." My pen is at https://codepen.io/RexRode/pen/GRJZxEG?editors=1100

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en" dir="ltr">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Python</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <main id="main-doc">
      <script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>
      <nav id="navbar">
        <header>
          Python
        </header>
        <a href="What_is_Python" class="nav-link">What is Python?</a>
        <a href="#Why_is_Python_worth_learning?" class="nav-link">Why is Python worth learning?</a>
        <a href="#How_to_see_if_you_have_Python_installed_on_your_computer_and_start_your_first_Python_document" class="nav-link">How to see if you have Python installed on your computer and start your first Python document</a>
        <a href="#Python_syntax,_variables,_comments,_and_data_types." class="nav-link">Python syntax, variables, comments, and data types.</a>
        <a href="#Python_numbers,_strings,_and_booleans." class="nav-link">Python numbers, strings, and booleans.</a>
        <a href="#References/Sources" class="nav-link">References/Sources</a>
</nav>
    <section class="main-section" id="What_is_Python?">
    <header>
    <h1>What is Python?</h1>
    </header>

<p>Python is a programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum in 1991.</P>
    </section>
    <section class="main-section" id="Why_is_Python_worth_learning?">
      <header >
        <h1>Why is Python worth learning?</h1>
      </header>
      <p> Python can be used for many different things, including mathematical calculations. Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc). It's syntax is similiar to that of the English language.
        </P>
    </section>
    <section class="main-section" id="How_to_see_if_you_have_Python_installed_on_your_computer_and_start_your_first_Python_document">
      <header >
        <h1>How to see if you have Python installed on your computer and start your first Python document</h1>
      </header>
      <p>To see if you already have Python installed on your computer, type <code>C:\Users\Your Name>python --version </code>into Command Prompt.</p>
      <p>You can also type Python into the Windows start bar.</p>
      <p>If you don't have Python, go to Python.org to install it for free. The latest major version is Python 3.</p>
      <p>To create your first Python document type <code>C:\Users\Your Name>python helloworld.py</code> into the Python command line. The last part"helloworld.py" is the name of the file. If you want to, you can change it to something else. Just make sure you have .py after that to indicate that it is a Python file.</p>
      <p>Then type <code> print("Hello, World!")</code> into the line.</p>
      <p>Then navigate back to Command Prompt and type<code> C:\Users\Your Name>python helloworld.py </code>to evaluate your first Python file. The output should read Hello, World!</p>
    </section>
    <section class="main-section" id="Python_syntax,_variables,_comments,_and_data_types.">
      <header >
      <h1>Python syntax, variables, comments, and data types.</h1>
      </header>
      <p>Python requires indentation (indentation refers to spaces in a document) to start a new block of code. If you don't have at least one space--the necessary indentation--then the Python editor will return an "Error" message. You must also use the same number of spaces.</p>
  <h2>Comments</h2> <p>To create a comment, you start with the hashtag symbol(#). If you want to create a multi-line comment, make sure to end with a hashtag as well.</p>
  <h2>Variables</h2>  <p>Let's say you wanted to create a variable x with the value of 12. You would enter x=12 into Python. To display the variable enter print(x) and hit enter. This will return a 12.</p>
  <h2>Rules to Naming Variables</h2>  <p>There are some rules to naming variables. You can only use alphanumeric characters and underscores when naming a variable, but the variable cannot start with a number. Variable names are case-sensitive.</p>
<h2>Naming Multiple Variables</h2> <p>Say you want to name three variables at once. You can do so by entering <code>x, y, z = "Orange", "Banana", "Cherry" </code> into the command line. Just separate the variables with commas, then put an equals sign, then separate the output with commas. You can also set them all equal to each other by using an equal sign instead of a comma.</p>
<h2>Python Data Types</h2> There are 14 data types in Python. Here they are.
<ul>
  <li>Text type <ul>
    <li>Str--string</li>
  </li>
  <li>Numeric types <ul>
    <li>Float</li>
    <li>Int</li>
    <li>Complex</li>
  </ul> </li>
  <li>Sequence Types <ul>
    <li>List</li>
    <li>Tuple</li>
    <li>Range</li></ul></li>
  <li>Mapping Type <ul>
    <li>Dict</li>
  </ul> </li>
  <li>Set Types <ul>
    <li>Set</li>
    <li>Frozenset</li>
  </ul> </li>
  <li>Boolean Type <ul>
    <li>Bool</li>
  </ul> </li>
  <li>Binary Types <ul>
    <li>Bytes</li>
    <li>ByteArray</li>
    <li>Memoryview</li>
  </ul> </li>
</ul>
</section>
    <section class="main-section" id="Python_numbers,_strings,_and_booleans.">
<header>
<h1>Python numbers, strings, and booleans.</h1>

</header>
<h2>Python Numbers</h2>  <p>There are three types of numbers as described above. The first one is int, short for integer. This outputs a whole number (positive or negative) with no decimals of unlimited length</p>
<p>The second one is float. A float number is a number with one or more decimals. Note:You can represent large numbers with E to indicate "10 to the power of (whatever follows E)". For example 6.25E2 would mean 6.25 times 10^2, or 625.</p>
<p>Complex is the last type. A complex number has both an imaginary and a real part. This is represented by, for example 2+5i. 2 is the real part and 5 is the imaginary part.</p>
<h2>Python Strings</h2> <p>A string, represented by str, is any amount of text. A string is encapsulated in single or double quotes. However, if the string takes up more than one line, you must use triple quotes.</p>
<p>There are various functions that can alter strings, such as upper(), lower(), len(), and slicing that you can learn about at https://www.w3schools.com/Python/python_strings.asp</p>
<h2>Python Booleans</h2> <p>A boolean is a value that is either true or false. If you enter a data type into bool(), it will return true unless the data type is empty or you enter False.</p>
    </section>
    <section id="References/Sources" class="main-section">
      <header>
      <h1> References/Sources</h1>
      </header>
      <p>www.w3schools.com Python Tutorial is a great resource for learning Python.</p>
    </section>

</main>
  </body>
</html>

@RexRode,

When I run the tests it doesn’t fail that test, but does fail a layout test (Page should have at least one media query).

-4trio19 :pineapple:

I think I figured it out. I was missing a question mark at the end of What_is_Python in the line
<a href="#What_is_Python" class="nav-link">What is Python?</a><br>
I corrected it to
<a href="#What_is_Python?" class="nav-link">What is Python?</a><br>

1 Like