TEST and FEED please?

So… When I tossed my portfolio for review, I got a lot of: It looks good but the projects are too basic.
Now I’ve been working on this one and need some honest opinion:
PS: DISREGARD ALL STYLING

REPO:

LIVE:

TESTING CREDENTIALS:
to test as teacher- email: teacher@teacher.com pass: teacher
to test as student- email: student@student.com pass: student

INSTRUCTIONS:
Open two browser windows, use one to log in as teacher and the other to log in as student

FLOW:

• A teacher registers and creates a new class for which he gets a class “CODE”
  • The student registers and uses the class code to enroll
  • The teacher can add new assignments to the class
  • The student can read the new assignments
  • The teacher can communicate real time with students of that class on the class chat
  • The teacher can see the roster of a particular class
  • The teacher can delete a class
  • The student can drop out of a class

Thanks in advance!!!

I made a bunch of comments on styling, then I saw your PS. Sorry taking your time :frowning: .

1 Like

lol, damn brother. Im sorry for taking yours… Ill edit so that PS can be up top! Thanks much for checking it out anyways! Any opinions on something other than styles?

1 Like

Well, I’m a beginner, still learning HTML and CSS and haven’t done any JS. So I really have no idea what’s going on here xD

Welcome to the world of coding!!! And good luck on your journey! =)

1 Like

Hi,

a usability and future application tip.

Very few HR or hiring managers will bother to fill out a form or password
when reviewing a project, they’ll see it as a waste of their time and skip,
unless they are REALLY interested in you or your work .

Best offer a pre-filled sign in form. If you implement it now, you already know how to do it and your student projects will stand out. It’s just a few lines of JS. There are many examples to copy if you search “demo pre-fill forms”.

Wish you much success in your career!

Hey, thanks much. I thought about providing the testing credentials but not to pre fill which is a super easy and quick implementation. That’s a great point you raised and I appreciate it!