Test does not pass with Bitwarden add-on active in Firefox

Tested with a very simply coding example: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-by-building-a-cat-photo-app/step-1

Updating the <h1>, then hit “Check your code”.

This test will not pass for me in either stable Firefox 121 nor Firefox Developer Edition (beta) 122 with Bitwarden enabled.

Can someone try to replicate please and then let me know if they think this is something to raise with FCC or Bitwarden.

Thanks!

Note: Some browser extensions, such as ad-blockers and dark mode extensions can interfere with the tests. If you face issues, we recommend disabling extensions that modify the content or layout of pages, while taking the course.

Welcome back to the community @scheinercc !

I had this problem with my Bitwarden using my Firefox, too.
My resolution was to let Bitwarden know it was an issue for this site.
No problems here with it since then.
Maybe this could work for your problem, too.

Thanks for letting me know EarthDust. Just to confirm, you are also running Bitwarden’s Firefox extension v 2024.1.0, but the test above passes for you?

Hey @JeremyLT,
Thanks for getting back to me. I had considered this notice before posting. In this instance it would just be very inconvenient to always disabling the password manager, which gets used rather regularly. I will see if notifying Bitwarden brings something to light.

All of my tests pass now, with my Bitwarden active. I have not had any problems since reporting the issue to Bitwarden that the site was broken with it.

1 Like

Thanks! I will log a Github ticket. It is a bit weird if we are running the same version of browser and addon, that it would work for you and not for me, but let’s see if they find anything else.

Manually add that URL to the extension’s Excluded Domains list, reload the webpage.

1. Copy “www.freecodecamp.org
  2. Open extension drop down
  3. Go to Settings
  4. Excluded Domains
  5. scroll to bottom
  6. click on “New URI”
  7. paste domain

I am not allowed to post a link to the Bitwarden documentation :confused:

1. Go to bitwarden dot com
  2. Got to “Help”
  3. Search for “Exclude Domains”

bitwarden dot com / help / exclude-domains

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.