Tests not passing for Technical documentation page

Please could someone tell me why number 15 is not passing ? ive done evrything I can .

@jacobplw99, a few things

1. you’ve provided an incorrect link to your pen. I’ve edited and fixed it for you
  2. rather than referencing the user story (My Technical Documentation page should use at least one media query), say which test is failing. In this case I believe you’re referring to the second test

When a test fails, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing test says

My Technical Documentation page should use at least one media query.
No media queries detected : expected false to be true
AssertionError: No media queries detected : expected false to be true 

As you do not have a media query do you understand why the test fails?

1 Like

In addition to what @Roma pointed out I would say that your page is not responsive at all (I’m even getting a horizontal scroll bar at very wide browser widths). So you may eventually technically pass all the tests but if you don’t make this responsive I would say you are violating the spirit of the rules :slight_smile:

Hi everyone… i’ve tried everything and I can’t get the tests to pass…

https://codepen.io/Jake-l-w/pen/rNmxYyd

Which tests are failing? What do you need help with? The more you say, the easier it is for others to help you.

The nav and main need to share the space, if you make the body a flex container you can see it will pass.

body {
  display: flex;
}

Obviously, I’m not suggesting you do that, it’s just an example of the requirement.

You have invalid CSS, click the down arrow at the top right of the CSS code box and select Analyze CSS. Fix the errors. I’m guessing you are setting invalid CSS for your widths.

This is not valid CSS:

nav {
  vw: 50%;
  vh: 50%;
}

vw and vh are units, just like % or px. They need to go on the end of a value, e.g. width: 50vw.

Thank you so much !
:hearts:

Hi guys, ive been stuck on this one question for several days and cant get the test to pass, if anyone could tell me what im doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Im going to make the page completely responsive once im passing all the tests…

(https://codepen.io/Jake-l-w/pen/rNmxYyd)

click on the number of passed tests to see which tests are failing
Be sure to read more than the first line

Hey! you need to set the position of fixed to the element with of #navbar. that’s the first condition however i dont understand why you have this in your code.

body {
 vh:100;
}

nav {
  vw: 50%;
  vh: 50%;
}

there are no vh or vw properties in CSS. there are units that are set as values just like pixels or kilograms or centimeters.

Add a padding-left to your main element. and dont forget to make the size of the screen to full when you test. this is the only way it will work.

for example.

hope this helped! :smiley:

okay I see… thank you so much !

What do you mean by make the screen full though ?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.