The Calculator project

What makes you think I haven’t used javascript.

here is the same templet I made earlier.

Other app

one works one doesn’t. Why?

there is a bug in babel
Bug Report

The answer is still the same: If something is not working, 99.99% it means that you made some kind of mistake.
You did use JS, but it seems that you’re not quite comfortable with some basic JS syntax and concepts.

1 Like

Ok. @lasjorg gave very good advice.

I would add don’t use CodePen for coding apps. It is excellent for small HTML/CSS/JS examples, but it is absolutely not for complex apps. There are many online environments that are much better for this - for example CodeSandbox or Stackblitz. CodePen is just not a good environment to build React apps in, you are just making it more difficult for yourself for no good reason.

You have a consistent issue with simple typos and syntax errors. This is a surmountable issue – for example, there are programmers with dyslexia or similar problems who I’ve worked with who couldn’t program effectively without the constant feedback from linters and code formatters. You need that because you’re constantly making basic mistakes, you need errors highlighted as you type. That won’t fix your issues completely, but it’ll help. And if you can’t set up a text editor (you said you were having issues with VSCode), one of the online IDEs I mentioned will have the linting setup for you, so will work much better for you than CodePen.

No, React has not changed to have that function, that is ReactDOM and it’s always been there. All of the examples you are putting up are slightly different, most have basic syntactic errors, and you are using different versions of React/ReactDOM every time.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issues you are having. That issue was raised in a UI library not compiling in webpack when a beta version of a specific Babel package was used. And the issue is from 2018; even if it had something to do with your issue, it was fixed at the time

The tools you are using do not have bugs.

1 Like

Ok that’s fine I can use VS code but when I use npm to create and app temp I don’t know what all the files are for. JSON, server slave, etc.

also I’m looking at the ones you posted looks easy on both :blush: thanks

I don’t know what you mean by this.

command for React in node or powershell.

At the direction of @DanCouper I have started in a new editor. but the same problem is happening here as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean, you didn’t define App, so naturally its undefined. If you instead use Calculator, which you have defined, then your error goes away.

HUH ??? What app its all Calculator.

When you first shared your StackBlitz, you had an error because your last line of code was

render(<App />, document.getElementById("root"));

Nothing was rendering because of that error.

oh yeah, I caught that too . I can’t seem to find the one for this one.

You know what i m just going to copy and paste Idk whats gong on and no one knows either so Im going to find one and paste it for my work

That’s cheating and your certificate will be revoked.

ok so I started a new one and again some issues but I did get a render.
Calculator

I forget to say using VS code ediitor.

Error Code  
./src/App.jsCannot find file: 'Input.jsx' does not match the corresponding name on disk: '.\src\components\input.jsx'.

This error occurred during the build time and cannot be dismissed.

Have you deleted your project again, or is it just set to private?

The VSCode error tells you exactly what’s wrong. Again, it is an incredibly basic typo.

1 Like

tried the typo. idk how to change the private thats what git lens is doing and this may be a Babel problem. :neutral_face:

so i went back over it and i got it right. it was a typo :poop:

If you guys can look again? I going through the tests again and I can get my Id don’t seem to be working within my Button tags. I cant find why. I put them inside the Button tag before the handleClick. Respiratory should be public now.

project

well i guess i start over. Why can’t i get help??