The code fails the test that it has passed before

Hi, I’m building the exercise tracker and my project fails the following test:

“The date property of any object in the log array that is returned from GET /api/users/:id/logs should be a string… Use the dateString format of the Date API.”

The strange thing is that it passed this exact test yesterday, and I haven’t changed the code since then. I verified that it returns the date string in the correct format inside the log object, so I’m not sure why the test is failing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your project link(s)

solution: https://replit.com/@ktmln/exercise-tracker

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.55 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Exercise Tracker

Link to the challenge:

I just submitted your project and it passed for me. Sometimes Replit can be a little unreliable so it might just be a hiccup.

You can always check the network tab in the browser dev tools when submitting to check the requests and responses.

Thanks. I will try again later. And I checked the network tab and everything looks fine to me. Do you think the issue may have something to do with the time zones? I’m on the West coast, so it is still Dec 15 for me locally, but it is already Dec 16 on the server, so the local date doesn’t match with what the server returns for the exercises with the current date.

Edit:

I was able to get the test to pass once I started serving the dates in my local time zone. When I rolled back the change, I got the same error as before. I ran the tests a few times to make sure it is not a coincidence.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.