The Hover Challenge

Hi, I have been trying to pass the Applied Visual Design: Use the CSS Transform scale Property to Scale an Element on Hover. I put the code in exactly as I thought it was to go and I checked it with the video and I believe it is correct. I did use the p: first, but changed it to div: after I watched the video. The test also says it is wrong. In the video, the element did not change when you hovered over it. This is the only challenge I have left to finish this section. Here is the code I wrote:

<style>
  div {
    width: 70%;
    height: 100px;
    margin:  50px auto;
    background: linear-gradient(
      53deg,
      #ccfffc,
      #ffcccf      
    );
  }
div:hover {
  transform: scale (1.1);
}

Link to the challenge?

There shouldn’t be space between scale and the parentheses scale()

Thank you!!! That fixed it and I am an idiot for not seeing it. It was right there in the example. Sorry! I will get better at seeing the mistakes as I learn more and do more. Thank you again.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought copy and paste was ok. I will include it if I have another question. Thank you for responding. :slightly_smiling_face:

Next time just hint the: ask for help button okay :wink:

Don’t be sorry, we are all just here to learn. Making mistakes is just part of learning. In fact, making and correcting a mistake is far more valuable (just how the brain works).

Happy coding.

it is because the tests sometimes require something in particular, so seeing the challenge itself can solve more mysteries than just your description of it