The letters have disappeared/ and now the drum machine

Hello everyone. Can someone tell me why my letters have disappeared on my drum machine? Thank you!

Hello!

You’re iterating the sounds array that does not have a property called text:

sounds.map((sound, idx) => ())

You should find a key to access the sound object instead.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s all fixed now. Another small mistake getting in the way!

1 Like

I’m feeling really dumb right now, I’m so sorry to bother, but what did I do wrong now? My drum machine has disappeared…again. I’m going to be so embarrassed if this is a simple mistake.

Your Box class constructor is missing a closing bracket "}"

1 Like

And…I’m embarrassed, lol. Thank you so much for your help. I’ve only had a few hours of sleep for a while, so I’m making a lot of silly mistakes. Excuse me.

I’m getting the error, “e, is not defined.” Where did I go wrong? Obviously I didn’t define e, I get that, but exactly what did I do? I’m supposed to see the button turn a bit of a different color when i press it.

Please help guys! I’m so stuck!

@nhcarrigan Please help. You are really good at this stuff.

Where are you seeing the e is not defined error?

I press the Q on my keyboard and the button gets smaller (like your code suggests it should).

@@ is does!? Just a sec…

It doesn’t for me! What in the world…? So it must be my computer…or something?

Could be depending on the browser you are using.

I use both Firefox and Chrome, both are reacting the same.

Works fine for me on Chrome here. :thinking:

What the…the coding devils are after me! I knew itttt :sob: This doesn’t make sense!

LOL!

Don’t panic :stuck_out_tongue:. I tested it on Firefox and works fine too.

Some plugins interfere with some JavaScript frameworks. I have seen problems arise in some Vue websites where I have installed the Vue plugin for development.

What you could try is to download a different browser and open a new private tab (not the normal one), so no cookies nor other local data is stored once you close the window. If that works, then your other browsers have plugins or local data that must be cleared (like the browser cache or localStorage).

See if that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch. Okay, thank you very much! :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Haha! It works for me now! Apparently it wanted me to add a bit more code before it would show me anything. Little weasel of a whatsit machine!

1 Like

Hey guys! This little idiot messed up her code again just when she thought she was done. Now only one of the tests are passed and the Drum Machine doesn’t work. What did I do?

My goal is to get this done, today. I have been on it for a while, and if I stay much longer on it, I might despair again. So I’m trying to get it done so I can feel a sense of accomplishment.

@nhcarrigan could you please tell me what I did wrong? Unless you’re busy. I don’t want to bother.