The technical doc page

I keep getting the " 12. Each element with the class of “nav-link” should contain text that corresponds to the text within each (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”)."
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, Please help me.
Here’s the code

Hello,

you have multiple typos on your navbar links, correct them and it should pass.

@businessmoe8, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing message says;

Each element with the class of "nav-link" should contain text that corresponds to the <header> text within each <section> (e.g. if you have a "Hello world" section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text "Hello world").
Check that these headers have corresponding .nav-link elements and be mindful of case! : VARIBLE SCOPE,GLOBAL VARIABELS : expected 2 to equal 0
AssertionError: Check that these headers have corresponding .nav-link elements and be mindful of case! : VARIBLE SCOPE,GLOBAL VARIABELS : expected 2 to equal 0

Do you understand what the test is looking for?

No, I don’t really understand what it needs in particular, and I guess that’s the main problem, how can I begin to understand what the “user stories” really needs?
Thank you.

I would start by explaining which parts of the error message you don’t understand and then we can help you figure out what it means.

Each element with the class of "nav-link" should contain text that corresponds to the <header> text within each <section> (e.g. if you have a "Hello world" section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text "Hello world").

Do you understand what that error message is saying? If not, what part are you having a problem with?

I don’t really understand the whole message like it makes me feel lost and I don’t know how to deal with it.
Thank you.

Just take it one piece at a time:

Each element with the class of "nav-link"

Which elements have a class of “nav-link”? The class name should be a big tip-off.

should contain text

This is just the text in between the opening/closing tags

that corresponds to the <header> text

This is the text inside the opening/closing <header> tags (e.g <header>the text</header>

within each <section>

The <header> in each <section>

And then it tells you exactly what the above means:

if you have a "Hello world" section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text "Hello world"

Let’s look at your page. You actually have a “Hello World” section header and you also have a “Hello World” nav link, so this would satisfy the test for this particular section. So check the rest of your sections and make sure they also satisfy this test. And I’ll give you the extra hint that the text is case sensitive. So you will not pass the test if the section header text uses all lowercase for a word but the nav link text capitalizes the first letter of the word.

Expanding on my answer and adding to bbsmooth…

Read the entire error message.
The second and third lines tell you what the test is looking for.
They are telling you which of your .nav-link elements are not matching.
And not just that the case doesn’t match but the spelling does not match either.

Thank you so much man I really appreciate this :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.