The Web Developer Bootcamp - Udemy Review

I am in the middle of it and I can’t believe it went soo smooth!
I have taken a few notes on the topics I would like to have much more in depth knowledge, like responsive design and Javascript under the hood, which I believe Tony Alicea cover on a masterful level.
On that previous note, do you guys here recommend a supplemental course on responsive design? I want to work on building a clone of the OfferUp app, and I would need something to strengthen my knowledge on design skills and responsiveness

Thanks

the idea is for you to build after you are done with YelpCamp on top of it, be it new functionality or use it as a template to clone it into another app, which is what I am doing.
I will use the YelpCamp to clone an OfferUp app.

Guys, Is it worth doing after the front end web certificate ? Or am I just going to review what I already know ?

I followed once Rob’s tutorials… all I can say it was… garbage. He doesn t even know programming enough for himself and he wants to teach others. He even struggled with html/css sometimes. All i saw was only bad practices.As a newbie you need to learn the right way to do things form the beginning otherwise u ll end up being a very bad developer. Stay away from Percival he s just an amateur.

2 Likes

I think so too that Tony Alicea is one of the best. He explains in depth and covers lots of weird stuff. I don t think I saw someone else explaining better than him.

who is better, COLT or Andrei Neagoie?

i want to know which framework/ library is used in this course (angular/react), i thought that react would be easy for begineer?
if someone want to learn MERN then is it the right course to go because it already has node,mongodb and express.

None of the front-end frameworks are covered in Colt Steele’s “The Web Developer Bootcamp” course, although he does use Node.js, MongoDB, and Express in the YelpCamp project at the end of the course. React is only covered in Colt Steele’s follow-up course “The Advanced Web Developer Bootcamp”.

I’m currently taking The Advanced Web Developer Bootcamp but it’s not as good as the previous course, and would be hesitant to recommend it. If you want to learn React from a course on Udemy, I’d recommend either Andrew Mead’s or Maximilian Schwarzmüller’s (I’m doing Andrew Mead’s which is very good, and have heard good things about Schwarzmüller’s).

Btw, you should know HTML, CSS, and JavaScript ES6/ES2015 very well before learning any of the front-end frameworks, no matter which one (whether it’s Angular, React, or Vue).

3 Likes

Original poster here. neither. He does have another one he sets you up nicely for the advanced web developer bootcamp… but you need to know the fundamentals first which this post does well for you.

1 Like

Original poster here. I just bought both of these courses. Im going to take both of them and in a few weeks I will write another review and write out my thoughts.

1 Like

excellent, meanwhille i bought Andrei’s :slight_smile:

which one is better according to you?

Colt Steels for sure.

1 Like

With your review,I would prefer Colt’s over Andrei’s…but do you think it is enough to learn whole web development and get a developer job…what other’s would you recommend…and how to integrate this course with fcc…Can you provide a path to learn as per your experience…I am new to this?

1 Like

Best way to pair Colt’s course with fcc?Finish the course first or go side by side?

I have done the first half part of this course. I’m really like his teaching style.
However I find the backend part use node 4, seem already dated, so I just want to know should I go to find another course about node or just stick on it?
Sorry for my bad English.

That’s ok if it’s dated. It will give you the fundamentals you need. You will get the newer syntax sugar in his other course.

Don’t focus on how old the course it. I know the TA Ian has a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBgcfBEqMWk and he’s creating a course right now which you may like.

Started this course last month. So far I am liking it. I’ve followed all the drills (and added some twist of my own). Currently working on the Score Keeper Project. I modified it so it plays Rock, Paper, Scissors. The finished (somewhat) code can be seen here and the Git repo for it can be found here

Still working on it.

I want to try to work on this. I will write as my successes.

Check out this student success story from The Web Developer Bootcamp.