The writer is all wrong about binary in this article Quincy Larson has suggested

This is an article Quincy Larson has suggested:

The writer talks about using hex codes, but her write up on binary numbers can be misleading.

Typo?

A 2^3 is 8, and 2^7 is 128.

Remember, programmers use hexadecimal as a shorthand for binary numbers. Four binary digits can be replaced with one hexadecimal number.

I have opeend an issue on that article, if you ahev any other points please add a comment to the issue yourself:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-hex-code-colors-work-how-to-choose-colors-without-a-color-picker/

She writes:

Binary numbers are commonly expressed as a power of 2, and 16 is 2^3.

Again,

(Incidentally, the reason that 255 is the maximum value is also related to the ease of using this value [or, actually, 256] in binary. 256 is 2^7. But that’s another factoid you really don’t need to know.)

The denary number represented by 2^3 is 8 and 2^7 is 128.

I’m afraid, she is wrong.

It is up to Ms. Davies, the writer, to correct it.

Thanks.

Those seems to already been present in the issue I have opened to notify the editorial team, if you ahve any other corrections for the article other than those I have already written please comment on the issue I have opened.

If you find other articles that need fixes, please open an issue on github for that article.

Thank you for contributing to keep freeCodeCamp as high quality as possible.