Thesaurus of Wisdom. Feedback needed

Hi everyone! Finished my solution to Wikipedia Viewer project and now I’d like to hear your thoughts on it.
Here’s link:
http://codepen.io/OLucky/full/RGaGxy/ '
Maybe UI is not very practical but I wanted to take a bit more creative approach. I hope you’ll like it. ^^
Additional notes:

1. For some reason link to random page doesn’t work on my phone so it could be true for other mobile devices too. I think it’s Wikipedia to blame, their API is kinda ambiguous thing.
  2. If you wish to visit random page:
    1. try to ask wizard empty requests several times;
      or
    2. pursue Sacred Knowledge. :wink:
  3. Wizard’s speech is medievalized with http://lingojam.com/EnglishtoShakespearean
2 Likes

Looks great I like the design and extra functionality your project has!

• When the browser gets shrunk down to about 990px your search box gets moved below the wizard leaving your app with a LOT of empty space (especially if someone was viewing on a tablet). If at all possible, I would recommend moving your search and random box in between your header and the wizard so you won’t have all the extra space and not make your application look a bit empty.

• Moving the box in between the 2 would also benefit you for mobile users, because the search box and functionality of the app would display when the screen is loaded, instead of having the app users scroll all the way to the bottom to find the search box.

• And last but not least, I would recommend putting the target="_blank" attribute on all your links and random generator because you don’t want your users to leave your application entirely and make them have to hit the back button to get back to your application.

But other than that like I said the design on this is really good, keep up the good work and I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for feedback and sugestions! Adapt page’s design for mobile devices is the bigest challenge for me during this project. I’ll try to implement what you said.

i’ll give the same feedback that was given to me. it was extremely painful to resolve, but when I hit the enter key, shouldn’t I get a screenful of wiki returns?