Think I bit off more than I could chew with this design

Think I bit off more than I could chew with this design

So Chris Coyer, the founder of CodePen has a Quotes on Design website. He made an API for it using WordPress API. I found it because I was looking for a decent quotes API.

I get to the site and find I love the design and want to essentially rip it off with my own flair, just to learn. I mocked it up which you can find here but when I go to code it it is getting a tad bit hard.

I have this long snippet of jQuery I found on another pen for this project and I understand for the most part what is doing. But getting it to be responsive and working with the CSS is getting frustrating to me.

I went to Stack Overflow and got help but really, it didn’t look very good and I showed them exactly what I am showing here.

I don’t know if the design is just complicated or I am overthinking this. But I need some help. I don’t want to scrap it and redo it.

You can find the pen here.

https://codepen.io/twhite96/pen/aZmrXO

Hey, maybe it is easier to start simple. I would suggest:

• Make an API request and display it somewhere on the page
  • Make sure you have a “Next Quote” and “Tweet this” button and make them work.
  • Worry about the design

Anyway, though I’m fine with you using my code :slight_smile:, I would suggest you write your own code. In that way you will learn way more from this project.