This is complicated, but they walk through the logic

I’m not sure this is the right place to post this, but I was going through some programming forums and came across this bit of code (Python) and they walk through how each part works. It isn’t easy logic, in point of fact, it’s pretty hard. It hurt my brain and I had to read and reread it a lot of times (and look up terms), but once it clicked I understood it. They took an old 2 1/2 ish image engine from 1992 and boiled it down to 40ish lines of Python code and walk you through how it works. It can be published on the web for games (in theory), due to the requirements being so low.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun read and might help some people kind of lost in the woods, wondering what they were looking for and not totally sure what they could do, eventually.

1 Like

Yeah, I read this earlier today, it’s very good. I think it is a good thing to post here, for the reasons you said. As someone posted on another forum, it’s nice when someone says a thing is written using a tiny amount of code, and when you look at the code it is not actually very complex (that’s not to say that it won’t take a while to click, but once it does click you can see how it all glues together).