This is on HTML Form and lesson 30

I’ve been trying to figure out this problem for the past couple hours now and I still can’t find the solution to it. I done what it was asked of me by putting the select within the label and the text “How did you hear about us?” before the select element but still didn’t seem to solve the problem so I am stuck.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <title>Registration Form</title>
	  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>Registration Form</h1>
   <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
   <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
     <fieldset>
       <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" required /></label>
       <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
       <label>
         <input type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
			  </label>
     </fieldset>
Have           <input type="checkbox" required /><a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
			  </label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file" /></label>
       <label>Input your age (years): <input type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
       <label>How did you hear about us?
         <select>
           <option></option>
           <option></option>
           <option></option>
           <option></option>
           <option></option>
         </select>
       </label>
       </fieldset>
     <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
 margin: 0;
 background-color: #1b1b32;
	color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
	display: block;
	margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 30

Link to the challenge:

I think you accidentally removed an opening <fieldset> and <label> tag further up on the form (beginning at the third fieldset). If you can’t figure it out you can always restart the step to get the original HTML back. But the label you added around the select looks fine.

I’m not sure to be honest. I double checked everything but everything seems fine. Maybe its just best to reset the step and see if it will work.

Yes, restarting the step is probably the easiest. You can also run the HTML through a validator and it will tell you where the problem is (that’s what I did).

W3C HTML Validator

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.