Thoughts on my Quote Machine

Thoughts on my Quote Machine
0.0 0

I’ve been working on the quote machine lately, and this is what i came up with.

The site is mostly ok on mobile, but looks better on bigger screens (tablets not tested yet, let me know if you check it out and there’s any weird interaction).

I used an API i found online with GoT quotes, and designed a site around that. Implemented some buttons on that for quotes and refreshes, also added facebook and twitter sharing.

If you have any optimization/fixes/changes/criticism, let me know.

Thanks for checking it out.

Project Link

I think it would be really slick if you could have the cards flip around (on click) with a random quote from a character of the house the card represents. When you click on a different card, the other card would flip back around and the new card would flip over to reveal the new quote. Of course to do this, you would need individual cards instead of a single background image which you currently have. Maybe take that background and chop it up into the individual cards using Photoshop and then host the images somewhere to use on the project?

I could cut one card, leave it centered and animate it on click. I will give it a shot these days, should be a good learning experience! Thanks for the feedback!