Thoughts on my Survey Form?

Hello!

I recently finished my second project in the responsive web design projects, and I would really appreciate any feedback, criticisms or tips from members of the community.
(Visual and code feedback is welcomed.)

You can view the project here.

To Do - Create more media queries for relevant screen sizes.

(will add feedback to the To Do list!)

1 Like

I would use the label version on the input so when you click on for example i just started the box will be filled instead of having to click on the tiny box. You can read more here https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_label.asp

I would also suggest having a fourth option between i just started and a few years theres a pretty big gap there.

I really like the hover button looks dope. Good job

Nice work. However, it would look great if your form background matched a bit with the background image.

1 Like

Hi there @Sebbe

Thank you for your response, I appreciate you taking the time to help someone out.

I would use the label version on the input so when you click on for example i just started the box will be filled instead of having to click on the tiny box. You can read more here HTML label tag

Are you suggesting I nest the labels inside the input from the above quote? If so, what are the benefits of this exactly? I decided to not nest them as it made it easier to manipulate both the spacing and layout of the label and input elements! (I am also familiar with W3Schools section on labels.) Again if you could help me understand the benefits of nesting them, I would really appreciate it (sorry If I am misunderstanding.)

I would also suggest having a fourth option between i just started and a few years theres a pretty big gap there.

I definitely see what you mean here, I will look to put in another option or make the radio options more applicable!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback! :grinning:

@picklu

Nice work. However, it would look great if your form background matched a bit with the background image.

Matching in the sense of context? (Coding related background for a coding related survey.)
Or matching in the sense of colors and visuals?

I felt the colors of the BG image matched up with the form (I tried a few images) but perhaps I was wrong, I will take some more time to find a more fitting image!

Thank you picklu, I appreciate the response. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The form background appears to me as dark black. I am not sure if I am seeing the correct color; I was expecting sky blue instead.

The form background appears to me as dark black. I am not sure if I am seeing the correct color; I was expecting sky blue instead.

I did try some blue shades, but I felt like it was a bit overwhelming for a container color (in addition to the blue from the background image.) I chose to use a light-blue color more as a CTA color (Call to action) to highlight certain points for the user. I felt it was a nice use of colors (just my opinion though.)

I will take on your feedback and set aside some time to experiment with more colors, and perhaps study color theory deeper for future projects.

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to view my project and give criticism!

1 Like