Thoughts on my tribute Page?

Hi everybody,
i have completed my very first project.
Any feedback will be appreciated :slight_smile:

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi @draqa!

I would double-check the spelling on some of your items and then also take a look at the text within your footer. The way it’s currently set up, it looks like the text is haphazardly not centered (as opposed to purposefully).

If your intent was to have “This page designed by…” in the center of the footer box, I would take a look at the display settings for #footer-box :slight_smile:

Additionally, that looks like it should be a button leading to your design portfolio. Is that the eventual plan?

Thanks!
W

Hi @draqa!

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on finishing your first project!

Just a few things

• I ran your code through the html and css analyzer and there are a few issues that need your attention.

• Black text on a dark gray background is really hard to read. So I would consider changing the font color to white or having a littler background color.

• I think the link at the bottom should be blue since most users associate that color with a link and know to click on it. Then you don’t have to say click here.

Hope that helps!

Happy coding!

Hey thanks for the feedbacks! :slight_smile:

@Wkoslik
I’ve updated my footer and corrected my spelling :slight_smile: English is not my first language, having some issues about that. :slight_smile:
And yes you’re right, my footer box was really like a button, I didn’t thinked that way when i was created. Fixed that either. Thank you :slight_smile:

@jwilkins.oboe
I’ve checked on https://validator.w3.org/ and saw 3 errors which is normal because of codepen i suppose. Is there any ohter analyzer that i should check?

• Background color changed.
  • Link color is default now.
    Thank you for feedback! :slight_smile:

Hey @draqa!

Here are the errors I found using the html analyzer in codepen.

Line 10: image missing alt attribute
Line 22: syntax error for ending p tag

Also, I noticed your use of b tags and i tags. For future projects, I would suggest using the strong tags for bold and em tags for italics.

You could also use font-weight: bold; and font-style: italic;. Just something to think about.

Your tribute page look great though!

Keep up the good work!

The code seems fine and checks out, and the page looks great. I checked after the initial feedback so I didn’t notice any of the accessibility issues they were referring to. Well done.

Also: nice to see a fellow metalhead around these parts.

@jwilkins.oboe ,
All fixed! :slight_smile: Didn’t know Codepen has a Analyzer, my bad.

@MiragianCycle ,
Thanks a lot! :metal: Metal 'till Death :metal:

1 Like