Timestamp Microservice - conflicting user story #5 for invalid date queries/strings

Hey,

I did a search through the forums and saw no mention of this, so I’m reporting it in case it hasn’t been caught yet. (Also, first post on the forums; hi!)

It looks like the sample Glitch app for the Timestamp Microservice project page has different user stories than those outlined within the readme in the GitHub repo/boilerplate for the same project.

User story #5 (according to the Glitch example):
If the date string is invalid the api returns a JSON having the structure
{"error" : "Invalid Date" } .

User story #5 (according to the GitHub readme / boilerplate):
If the date string is invalid the api returns a JSON having the structure {"unix": null, "utc" : "Invalid Date" } . It is what you get from the date manipulation functions used above.

Cheers,
JulianNF

PS: First post = not allowed to include links, sorry.

1 Like

Harro?

Have I reported this “bug” in the right place?

You can report it in the issues page https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/issues

but the discrepancy comes from the fact that the user story for the GitHub readme / boilerplate comes from the legacy FCC project, which was pretty much identical to the current project, except for some minor things, one of them being the above.

Thanks Dereje1. I’ll repost in the issues section so that this can be corrected/updated.

Cheers