Title Case a Sentences

Title Case a Sentences

**Good day fellow campers

I tested code below in the console and it shows the desired result but only the first two test passed while the below did not:

titleCase(“sHoRt AnD sToUt”) should return Short And Stout.
titleCase(“HERE IS MY HANDLE HERE IS MY SPOUT”) should return Here Is My Handle Here Is My Spout.**
although on the console , i got the correct result. please what could be wrong with my code this time.

Your code so far

function titleCase(str) {
  let lowerCaseStr= str.toLowerCase();
  var String = str.split(" ");
  var strArr = [];
  for (var i = 0; i < String.length; i++) {
    strArr.push(String[i].toLowerCase().charAt(0).toUpperCase() + String[i].slice(1));
  }

return strArr.join(" ");
}

titleCase("I'm a little tea pot");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-algorithm-scripting/title-case-a-sentence/

String i believe is a Class? You might want to pick a variable name that has a lesser change chance of conflicting with the class name. temp or something else would be a good idea. May not affect your result, but you’re asking for trouble later if you make this a habit.

To answer your problem, that :point_up: line is not pushing what you think you’re pushing. The function String.prototype.toLowerCase() does not mutate/change the original string. So you’re wasting space by performing a toLowerCase() and then capitalizing the string.

The second part of that line just copies everything after the first char, which may or may not be all lowercase.

But “String” is not the same as “string”. That was why i capitalise the first letter. even at that, i have change the variable totally and the code still did not pass the remaining two test.

Thanks. i just figured out i should remove toLowerCase on that line.
It worked.

I’m not saying they are the same. But I am saying it goes against best practices for Javascript.

As for the second part, the toLowerCase should be applied elsewhere.

ok. i get that.
Thanks