Total "newbie" kinda hooked

As per title, Any advice for a “newcomer” in terms of what to study, basically just started “freecodecamp” .
1.career outlook?
2.what to focus on in the beginning
3. how to stop using quotations for everything lol

Essentially, go through the Freecodecamp curriculum, and if there’s anything you don’t udnerstand look it up online or ask on this forum. Focusing relies heavily on how determined you are to learning it. The career is still far away but dedication will get you there.

From what i have seen and read, everyone seems supportive on here… Thanks be well

1 Like

1.career outlook?

Web Development as a profession is on the rise for the foreseeable future. (ref) Its a secure and flexible job opportunity for most, however there is still a lot of competition, and due to being a tech field, things change very fast, so its hard to keep up.

2.what to focus on in the beginning

Focus on the fundamentals and what I like to call your “knowledge horizon”. IE you want to know what you don’t know. This is in contrast with knowing what you do know, and not knowing what you don’t know. You want to minimize situations where you hear about some high level concept and go “whoa I never knew about that”!
For example you might be just starting with web development on freeCodeCamp, and might understand some HTML, CS and maybe some JS. However, you might not actually understand how a browser works, or what a server does and just leave it to magic. These are more high level concepts than the raw fundamentals, but you should go out and learn about them as they are part of the context, which fCC somewhat glosses over, in-favor of focusing on the fundamentals. (Google is your friend here ;D)

Its not bad to focus only on the fundamentals, as they are actually what you will end up using day to day, but you need the right context to understand the big picture. This is what I mean by “knowledge horizon”, you want to know whats around you, but you don’t need to be an expert in everything, just enough to get the gist of things :slight_smile:

1. how to stop using quotations for everything lol

I have this same problem haha!

So yes, web development outlook is good, keep learning, go learn random stuff about the web to expand that horizon, keep grinding and don’t spam " to much :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, thank you for replying, all input helps… Be safe,Be well, Be awesome :grinning:

1 Like