I just completed my tribute page challenge. I will be glad if you can review my work and build me up for the next challenge. Here’s the link below
It is nice but there are areas for improvement
1.I think you should reduce the size of the words
They are somehow a bit big.
Thank so much for your time. I will for sure do that.
You can add
<h1> to <h6>
If you want it you want all of them to be the same size then don’t close the bracket at the back,for example:<h1
You can also look at this:https://codepen.io/adaezebaby/pen/jOqaQbd to give you an idea of which size you can use.
I have seen it. Thank you!
You are very much welcome.
Can’t see all of your page @jonathanfriday947. Some things to revisit;
- Verify your email addr with codepen so we can see your page full view.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it. When you do you’ll understand why your font is huge.
- Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
- Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
- “wikipedia entry” is not accessible
I have verified my email on code pen. I have also validated my html. The errors I got was that I should declare the type of document(!DOCTYPE html). But I couldn’t do that on code pen.
No need to do that on codepen. Just keep it in mind for the future.
@jonathanfriday947, when responding to someone they’ll get notification if you click ‘Reply’ from their post rather than the Reply button at the bottom of the page. You can also mention their name like I did yours.
In my post when I said to run your code through the W3C validator I also stated that since you copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
There are other errors in your HTML code that need to be addressed.
The error with CSS still exists. My post says how to find it.
The error with accessibility still exists. My post gives links for you to read to understand the error so it can be corrected.
Thank you sir I understood what you mean now. I will correct that