I’ve finished the first project: my Tribute Page for Ada Lovelace.
Would love to hear feedback!
What I learned:
- there are sometimes multiple ways to program certain features. For the sake of practice, I mixed them a bit on my page. I am thinking that the most elegant way is: Bootstrap > CSS > Inline
- where to find documentation for HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
- trying out all those options in Bootstrap sometimes gives unexpected and cool effects - - there are different editors. Most notably Google Chrome dev tools, Notepad++ and CodePen. I tried all of them
- it’s really hard to start an empty page in the Google Chrome dev tools. I could not find any decent ‘tutorial for dummies’. I had to ask a friend who’s a programmer, and he showed me
- it was frustratingly hard to center a well on a page. While searching, I found many different solutions, some of which were ridiculously complicated. Eventually, all it took was auto margin. Duh…
- at one point you need to say: “It’s finished”. There’s a next project which is more complicated and where I can continue my exploration into HMTL, CSS and JQuery.