Tribute Page: Beethoven

The first project I ever created, and because I love his music I did the Tribute Page on him!
It’s been a while since I started the page but have been revising it few times.
I would like to hear what you people think about it!

Codepen Link

2 Likes

Hi @dooing !

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on finishing your first page.
I really like your choice in subject matter (I’m a classical musician :grinning:)

A just a couple of things.

I am having a hard time reading the text.
For example here

You can play around with different fonts, change the background image or even add a transparent background for the text.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah those squiggly patterns in the back-ground could make the title hard to read. Let me get that fixed!

1 Like

Great job, especially given this is your first project!

A couple of things I noticed:
Your figcaption could perhaps do with a little more padding for the background to help make it more readable.

Also, I would consider using something other than the b element - check the Tips/Notes on that link for more info.

You have styled visited links to remove the underline, but they revert to the default purple colour which is hard to read on your darker background. I’d consider making them white too, or a lighter colour.

Cheers!

1 Like

When this text change:

It looks a bit funky, You can fix this with the help of transition property.

It should work awesome cause it did for me!

Here is the code for transition property:

* {
  transition: 1s;
}
1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

but they revert to the default purple colour which is hard to read on your darker background.

Do you mean fix .a:visited on CSS line 81?
I switched the color to white, can you check again to see I got it right?

Wow looks even better! Thanks for the transition. :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, that worked, those links I’d visited are much more legible now! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.