Tell us what’s happening:
I’m stuck and I don’t know why it doesn’t display the picture.
Your code so far<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css"
Gloria Estefan is an American singer and songwriter of Cuban origin, famous for her hit songs like ‘Conga" and "Rhythm Is Gonna Get you."<figure id="img-div" Gloria Estefan performing on stage at a concert. <section id="tribute-info>"
Here are Gloria Estefan biography timelines:
- 1st Sep 1957 - Gloria Estefan was born to Jose and Gloria Fajardo in Cuba in 1957. Her father, a Cuban soldier was forced to move his family to the U.S. due to political unrest during the Cuban Revolution.
- 1977 - The band started recording and releasing albums from 1977. Their first album was titled ‘Live Again Renacer’. After several other popular albums, the band signed a contract with Discos CBS International.
- 1978 - Gloria Estefan tied the nuptial knot with Emilio Estefan in 1978. The couple has two children. She recently became a grandmother when her son had his first baby.
- 1980 - The self-titled album, ‘Miami Sound Machine’ was released in 1980, and the band went on to release more albums during the decade which made them very popular on an international level.
- 1987 - Gloria rose to fame with the band’s 1987 album ‘Let it Loose’ for which she got top billing. The album became a best seller not just in the U.S., but also in Canada and Australia, acknowledging her talents as the band’s lead singer.
- 1989 - She released her first studio album as a solo artist, ‘Cuts Both Ways’ in 1989. The album became a best seller cementing her reputation as a solo singer.
- 1990 - She had a terrible accident in 1990 which threatened to cut short her career. But, ever resilient, she bounced back to recovery surprising doctors, and was soon performing again.
- 1991 - Her first concept album, ‘Into the Light’ was brought out in 1991. The album dealt with the theme of overcoming life’s challenges to get back to a desired life.
- 1992 - She won the “Premio Lo Nuestro a la Excelencia" Lifetime Achievement Award in 1992; the award was given to honour her contribution to Latin music.
- 1993 - Her Spanish album, ‘Mi Tierra’ was released in 1993. She incorporated elements of Latin and Cuban music in the album which became one of the best known Latin albums of the year.
- 1994 - In 1994, she released ‘Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me’, an album which consisted of cover versions of her favourite songs from artists like Carole King, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Elton John, Neil Sedaka, and others.
- 1995 - She released her second Spanish album, ‘Abriendo Puertas’ in 1995. The songs reflected a variety of Latin American musical styles.
- 1995 - She was the first pop star to perform for the Pope in 1995.
- 1998 - In an attempt to keep up with the times, she released a hip and groovy album, ‘gloria!’ in 1998. The songs were full of dance rhythms and aimed at a younger audience.
"The music is one of the beautiful things that has survived the Castro regime. I have played for audiences all over the world but I’ve never played for a Cuban audience. For [husband] Emilio and me, the music is the one tie to our homeland."Glorian Estefan
If you want to learn more about her, go to her Wikipedia page.
font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, ‘Roboto’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, sans-serif;
The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.
You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.
Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.
Replace these two sentences with your copied code. Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below, because they allow your code to properly format in the post. **Your browser information:** User Agent is: <code>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/184.108.40.206 Safari/537.36 Edg/107.0.1418.52</code> **Challenge:** Tribute Page - Build a Tribute Page **Link to the challenge:** https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/build-a-tribute-page-project/build-a-tribute-page