Tribute page challenge for katherine johnson

Hi Everyone,

I just completed my TRIBUTE PAGE challenge using just HTML and CSS and I would appreciate feedback on this. Please click on this link to view: Katherine Johnson’s Tribute Page

Thank you.

Cool. Very simple but very good for a beginner project.

1 Like

Hey there,

congrats on your project,
you did a great job! :clap:

My ideas:

• I use a wide screen and because the image is smaller than my screen, it is not centered
  • you can increase the readability of your code by 1. clicking on the small arrow on the right side of the code box and 2. clicking Format HTML/CSS
  • you can get a code validation here by pasting your HTML code into the body

Keep us posted!

1 Like

A bit looks like a site from the 90’s. Try using different fonts and add some blur to the box shadow and it should be ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the comment. I really thought of adding colors and changing the font and all but I thought we were limited to the sample provided (i.e. to code exactly as the sample web page).

Hiya,

Thank you so much for your contribution. I increased the font-size of the page and also utilized the format tool as suggested. Ran my code through the code validation tool and thankfully there was no error :grinning:

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @khloejoca. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

I don’t normally comment on someone’s design because it’s their own but maybe since you have the dates in the timeline bold you can do away with the bullet points. May look nicer.

Not at all. You’re encouraged to make the page your own. The sample projects are just that, samples. You do what you like as long as your page passes the user stories.

@Roma Thank you for commenting on my code. It is very much appreciated. Being new to codepen.io, I didn’t know that I was meant to fork the test pen. I have corrected that now and submitted the right link, hopefully I don’t get penalized for that : )

There’s no penalty.
Btw, you could’ve just add the script to your original pen. Then you wouldn’t have had to resubmit.

1 Like

Done.

Thank you again. Would you mind checking my survey formplease, this was quiet a challenge for me. You could also check out my post on it. Thank you.