Today is exactly the 10th day since I started learning html + css. This is my first
project. I tried to replicate the project as an example as much as possible.
What can you say about my project?
I enclosed the quotes below the list in blockquote, and indicated the authorship through the cite tag, but could figure and figcaption be used for this purpose?
Welcome to the forums @yevhenii_tsvietkov. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- Do not use the
<br>element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
- Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
- “wikipedia entry” is not accessible
On a side note, don’t replicate the sample projects. They show one way the project can be completed. The instructions say your project should be “functionally similar” and to “give it your own personal style”.