Tribute page "Earth's axis tilt" feedback

Hello!

Could you give a feedback on my Tribute page project? Here is the link: https://codepen.io/langmuir/pen/MWvowWM

paragraph is too close to edges. pics need to be centered.

Your page looks good @gennadiy.w. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
      Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
      EDIT: Granted this error message is not quite as informative as others so as a hint, you can revisit this lesson to help you.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Keep all your styling external. Do not use in-line styles.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for. If you want multiple paragraphs, use multiple p elements.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • time and date” can be changed to something more accessible
1 Like

Thank you for the response. I have added some padding to the text. The layout test for the image – The element should be centered within its parent element – passed. If it is still not ok, I do not know what is the reason.

Thank you for the help. I have made the changes you recommend. But I do not know how to include test script into my project. The test shows 10 out of 10. If the image is not centered I do not know what it would be the reason.

If you mean this one

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

I have it at the bottom of Html page.

Here is the link to my Tribute page project.

Nice job cleaning things up @gennadiy.w.

Yes, the test script is there. My point was not all of the tests were passing. You’ve corrected that. Good job.

Thank you.!
My page was frozen for some time after I made a request for a feedback not correctly. I send the link to the Tribute page project again just for sure.

Hi! Your page is looking really good, I’m a big fan of your title font!

One thing I noticed was in your CSS you have two classes for you img-caption.

You can also hit “analyse HTML” and “analyse CSS” on code pen, it flags up any mistakes.

1 Like

Thank you, “analyse” is a good feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.