Tribute Page Feedback for ME

Whats up freeCodeCamp community! So I just completed my first Tribute Page, I would really appreciate any feedback, constructive criticism, and/or suggestions of improvement for it!

Peace!

Link to my work:
https://codepen.io/CAMZhAck/full/bGwPKWL

Hi @CamzHack!

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

There are a couple of errors in the html.
Run your code through the html validator

Also for the smaller screens, the link disappears completely and creates a horizontal scroll bar.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @CamzHack. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Everything the browser renders belongs in the body tags. You have a lot of elements incorrectly placed. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • In addition to being used incorrectly in your code, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Since you’re asking for feedback I’m going to move this to the “Project Feedback” forum so it gets more eyes-on.

1 Like

Looks good. One issue is you have an overflow issue as text is spilling out from your div.

You have set a height to your milestone div which means it won’t expand bigger than this even if the content does so you should remove this. I would also add some padding to this div so the text isn’t pushed right to the top/bottom

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.