Tribute page feedback for Sally Halterman

Ready for some feedback on my tribute page. Take it easy on me as I have only been coding for a little over a week. Tribute page

Your design has some strange side effects when changing the screen width from larger to smaller.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Everywhere remove each line where you have <div class="row"> and also remove the corresponding </div> with it.

2. Instead of using the one div with class=“container”, I would use class=“col”. Then I would rename the .container in your CSS to .main-photo and add it to the same div you just changed to class=“col”

3. To make the text on top of the photo look better on smaller screens, I suggest change .top-center to the following:

.top-center {
  padding: 25px;
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  right: 0;
}
1 Like

Thank you for the prompt feedback. I made the changes, I hope that makes it better for smaller screens. I have so much to learn, but I am enjoying the challenge to my brain. :blush: Now can I ask why use col rather than container? Just so I am aware for future coding.

Actually, you can get rid of the col class, because it is not really doing anything else for you in this case. In general you use a div with class=“container” to hold divs with class=“row” and divs with class=“col” are held within the divs with class=“row”.

1 Like

I think I get what your saying. lol
Thanks again!