Tribute page feedback - John Britten

Just made my tribute page on John Britten.
I was able to get the tick for responsively resizing the image just by adding a max width to the image , probably should have used media queries somewhere in there?

Thanks for taking a look.
1 Like

Just noticed that when I open on mobile my text is overlapping the main element.
What would be the most efficient way to fix this.

Any criticism welcome. Cheers.

You should be using more css to style the main content.Right now it looks a bit unfinished.
Maybe change the font,add some colors and change the alignments

Managed to get it working how I wanted, then decided to start over with the css to try something new. If you had a look today there won’t be much css.

Should probably have saved the old one and started a new pen, but wasnt really pleased with the flow of it anyway.

Thanks for taking a look.

Welcome to the forums @StevenTempered. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.

• Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

• Make your page responsive. On large screens and smaller screens there’s a horizontal scrollbar because of your footer.

• As an aside, I think you may like using a global reset for your page. As the first thing in CSS try adding the following and see if you like it;

* {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
}

Apoligies for the late reply to this. I was on a month long, 4K mile, motorcycle trip

Thanks, I’ve finally found a bit of time to go through your points. I think I’ve got it all sorted now.

Hope your having better biking weather wherever you are, than what were having here in the uk.

Nice job cleaning things up.

In the States and riding weather here has been great. :slightly_smiling_face: