Let me know how this looks. I’m new to coding and I wanted to keep it simple. Please give me feedback for improvement. Thanks
If you want you can improve the layout, align the content to centre, remove the set list-style: none, change the font-size and style for example
Hi @mzearly, welcome to the forums. Your page looks okay. Some things you may want to revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src=“https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js”></script>). Your page passes 5/10 user stories.
- You don’t have a link to a picture. You have a link to a page that contains images so users see a broken pic link
- Everything justified left and jammed together is difficult to read. Maybe add some line-height, choose a nicer font. For the most part, sans-serif fonts are best on web pages.
- The way it looks now with blue underlined sentences on a grey background reminds me of 90’s web pages before CSS. The blue underlined text at that time were actually links.
- You may want to double check your dates. You have him hospitalized in 2009, remarrying in 2011 and both of those happening after he “died” in 2004. (yes, I know you have a typo)
I see, you have a closing tag that’s not matched to anything on line 6 and you have an unclosed anchor element that’s making everything appear to be a link.
As an aside, codepen only expects the code you’d put within the
<body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). You wouldn’t just have
<html> </html> elements like that.