Tribute Page Feedback Please "Dr. Grace Hopper"

I tried to go with a simple design. Two things I’m not happy with are that I wanted the background color to not go all the way to the edge of the page. Could not figure it out and all of my google searches came up nada. The second thing is that the bulleted list looks like it just doesn’t go with the rest of the page.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so there is something wrong. I just viewed my page in the box above and the bulleted list has changed from how it looked directly on codepen.

Any suggestions on what I did wrong? Maybe it has something to do with the margins?

Hi kmroncancio,

I like the look and simplicity. Particularly for biographical info (mirrors the Wikipedia style). I also have some familiarity with Grace Hopper from building a site (somewhat) related to her.

Anyway, one way (maybe not the best) to “stop” the background short of full width is put a border on the .body-text element, e.g. 30px solid #fff

Though that obviously would push in the content that much as well.

On the list, yes, the margins are 275px or so. An alternative is setting a width to .awards of around 60% and margins to 0 auto to center the content.

Best,
Mike

That worked! You are awesome!!!

Thanks

1 Like