Tribute Page feedback/tips

Hi all,

This is the first ever HTML/CSS project I’ve ever done. I would very much appreciate any feedback regarding my code for improvements going forward.

• How is my code structure? I aim to write readable and “efficient” code.
  • Is the code layout logical? Do I have redundant code?

https://codepen.io/lananyb/pen/VwKNVxR

Thank you all for your time.
/LN

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Lananyb . Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because you have an element out of order. (Where you have a head element should be a header element. You can review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipedia page” is not accessible

Hi @Lananyb !

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

You have a little bit of redundancy. You use text align center alot for different selectors. I would consider creating a class and applying that to each html element you want centered.

Keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.