Tribute-page feedback?

Tribute Page

I started with FCC about a week ago and completed the tribute page a few days ago. I couldn’t decide on someone and was procrastinating and made one about my current favourite manga. It’s kinda cringy but that’s fine. Any feedback is appreciated.

How can I go from passing the tests to actually making an accessible and responsive web page? What can I improve?

Hi there,

awesome work, I really like it!

My ideas:

• when I decrease the width of my browser, the content gets cut off. This is important for people who read your page on a smartphone
  • every image has an empty alt attribute. This is important for disabled people to know what the content of the image is.

Keep us posted!

Hey,

I looked into both your suggestions.

1. About the content getting cut off. I found that it is getting cut off on decreasing the browser width but opening the page on a phone as well as using devtools to check how it runs on different devices doesn’t show this problem. Why is that?

2. The images are in a CSS grid and the grid has an associated caption describing the images as a group instead of having individual alt texts. Should I still give each image an individual alt text? I feel like this might confuse anyone listening to a screen-reader.

Thanks for the feedback.

edit: About 1. I think I got it. Using relative units like vw instead of absolute units. But it still worked on phones and other devices as per Chrome devtools with the absolute units.
Is it because when we are adjusting the browser size on a pc we are adjusting the view port and px refers to screen size.

Alright!

I think figcaption is currently not reliable.

Found this one:
http://www.davidmacd.com/blog/figcaption.html

I think it would only need like 30 seconds to add a proper alt text to your images.

Thanks for the link. I will add the alt text to the images.

Thank you for your help.

You’re welcome.
Keep us posted!