Tribute Page finished - any feedback?

I just finished this Tribute Page project. I just wanted to share it in case anyone would like to offer any feedback:

https://codepen.io/lepros/pen/jOwPzbR

Your page looks good @lepros. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Is there a reason this <div id="item2"></div> is in your code?
1 Like

Thanks, @Roma. So, I took out that <DOCTYPE! HTML> thing and changed the body tag to a main tag instead. When I ran it through the validator, it gave a warning that the article tag should have been accompanied by a heading tag. I could have used a <div> tag instead or <article> but I thought <article> would be more semantically meaningful. Can I just leave it the way I have it? The other three items the validator found was because it found no boilerplate tags. Do I need to add those if Codepen provides them already?

Oh, and the reason for <div id="item2"></div> is that I have <div id="item1"></div> <article id="tribute-info"></article> <div id="item2"></div> all wrapped in a container <div id="container">...</div> Then I set that container to use flex display so I could make those three items into a row of “item1”, my text, “item2”. It was the only way I could figure how to get the text to be both left aligned and contained in the middle of the page.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.