Tribute Page -Frida Kahlo

Hello all and Merry Christmas ! This is my tribute page https://codepen.io/jrodri09/pen/MWjERbK please feel free to leave your thoughts and constructive suggestions.
I am new to the world of coding but very excited to keep learning with all of you! Have a wonderful day. Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @jr969732. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mainly mentioning because you have elements out of order. Everything the browser renders belongs in the body element. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Don’t use in-line styling. Keep all your styling external.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens. The image falls out of the container.

On a side note, you’ll get more eyes on your projects if you put them in the “Project Feedback” forum.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I will do my best to address these issues.

Also thank you for mentioning the W3C validator. I had no idea this existed but it was very helpful for fixing the errors in my code!

1 Like