Tribute Page: From Atom to What

I am almost ready to submit my first project, the tribute page, and have a question.

Since I am coding it in Atom, how do I submit it for review. And yes I have read the instructions, and no I do not understand them. For the sake of any answers that might be forthcoming, please respond as you would to a sixth grader so that I can understand. ( I am not a sixth grader)

1 Like

You need to place your code somewhere where it can be seen live.
FCC says codepen but you can also use codesandbox or host your projects on GitHub pages.

If all this is unfamiliar the easiest is to create an account on codepen and

1. copy your HTML and paste it in the HTML editor portion of codepen
  2. copy your stylesheet and paste it in the CSS editor portion of codepen

Basically codepen is an IDE like Atom but it allows others to see your work.
It will not be able to read from your box. That is, if you have an image locally it must be placed someplace that codepen can reach. (Same with the others that I mentioned) There are a lot of places that allow you to store your images for free.

Something you should know about codepen;
it provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
So code in Atom but just copy what’s in the body element and paste that into the HTML editor.

Hope that helps.

Great so far. Once I do that how do I get the good folks at FCC to evaluate it?

Once you are happy with the project and all tests are passing you can do the following steps.

1. Copy url address

2. Scroll to the bottom of the tribute page challenge on FCC

3. Paste link and click ‘I’ve complete this challenge’

4. A popup with appear like this one. (Yours will say 20% complete because you haven’t done the other 4 projects yet. )

5. Click Submit and go to next challenge

That’s it!

The staff does not evaluate the projects. It is on the honor system that your project is yours and you didn’t copy someone else’s work.
If you want feedback, you will need to post here on the forum under the #project-feedback section.

Thank you for helping I was able to get my tribute page to load into the FCC codepen for this project. Now I just have to figure out how to solve my user story issues.

If some of the user stories are not passing then you can open up the test suite and look at the error messages.

Reading the full error messages will tell what the issue is and hints on how to fix it.

Thanks everyone once I was able to link my pen to the testing, I was able to figure out what I needed to fix and fix it.

My code finally cleared all test and I have my first project done.